The Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy Clinic – was originally established in 2007 at Lord Howe Island in NSW as an Ayurvedic Wellness Centre and Spa caring for local and international clientele.
Husband and wife team who are the owners and operators of the Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy clinic Scott and Kim Allan relocated their family and business to Buderim in 2015 and established the towns first fully dedicated Ayurvedic and Yoga Therapy Clinic where it has been run successfully since.
Located in the heart of Buderim The Ayurvedic clinic is dedicated to preserving and upholding the traditional and authentic practices of Ayurveda and Yoga for the benefit of all their clientele both locally and further afield.
For Scott and Kim Allan the running of the Clinic is not solely a business it reflects dedication and total commitment both personally and professionally towards the health science of Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy which they wish to share with others.
Mission Statement –
To practice, serve and educate our clientele in Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy in a way that honours and pays respect to these ancient systems through prevention, cure and rejuvenation to enable a balanced and holistic way of life.
Ayurvedic Products used at the clinic
We use Surya Ayurvedic products (Ayurda). Surya Ayurveda was established by Dr. S. Ajit with a mission to provide high quality Ayurvedic products to the Australasian market. Dr. Ajit has 35 years of clinical experience and is the most experienced Ayurvedic Doctor practicing in Australasia. He is also the only Ayurvedic Doctor outside India who has worked for the Government of India as an Ayurvedic Medical Officer for over 19 years.
From this experience he has developed a deep understanding of Ayurvedic traditional formulations as well as in depth knowledge of most of the Ayurvedic companies operating in India.
Dr Ajit ensures that these preparations are export quality Ayurvedic products also pays for separate scientific testing on all herbs and medicines to ensure they are free from heavy metal contamination. This is all a part of Surya Ayurveda’s commitment to the safety of these herbal preparations and ultimately a therapeutic effectiveness second to none.
You can be assured that all products purchased from Surya Ayurveda meet the following requirements:
- They are specially for the export market for Ayurvedic medicines;
- That have been separately tested for heavy metal levels;
- Arishtas, Chyawanprash, Kesri Kalp, Herbal Syrups (eg Livlife, Koffnil) and Rosa Plus Jam are all made on special product runs for Surya Ayurveda, where only jaggery (and no white sugar) is used;
- Herbs that meet the high level ‘mesh’ standard for churnas which provides the best absorption;
- New herbal formulas developed after decades of work by Dr Ajit exclusively for Surya Ayurveda’s Ayurda label (eg. M-Power, Shakti-Ton, Shanti-Ton, Re-Nil etc)
Unique Features of Ayurvedic Products
- Ayurvedic treatment targets the root cause of all illness rather than treating the symptoms of disease and utilises natural earth derived products in this light.
- Ayurvedic products will only be a combination of pure herbs & minerals and never contain synthetic vitamins and other substances.
- Ayurvedic products, while helping to dislodge toxins from deep tissue, will also assist in the rejuvenation of that tissue. (western herbs do the same but leave this s is)
- Ayurvedic products will help to revive the intelligence of particular organs or tissues that has been affected by the build-up of toxins. Once the effect has been achieved one need not become dependent on such products.
- Ayurveda gives each individual an opportunity to take control of their own health by enhancing their awareness through incorporating Ayurvedic principles into their lives. This is not a statement in keeping with the heading about products.
- Ayurvedic products are utilised within a totally holistic framework – not as quick fix bullets – and so work in conjunction with a total whole life program to bring about renewal and healing on a total mind, body, spirit level.
Ayurda is an Ayurvedic skin care range that we use here at the clinic developed by Dr. Ajit and his wife, Rippan Sandhu which has truly redefined the concept of natural skin & hair care.
Ayurda is a Sanskrit word which translates as ‘the bestower of longevity’, the relevance of which will be obvious when you see the results.
On offer are a luxurious range of Ayurvedic skin care products which includes cleansers, toners & moisturisers, creams, face packs, shampoos and gels.