Ayurveda is one of the oldest scientific health care systems in the world 5000 years old, with an established record of clinical experience.
It is not only a system of medicine in the conventional sense that cures disease but is a philosophy of life that teaches us how to maintain and protect mental and physical health and achieve longevity.
Ayurveda treats the person as a whole, a combination of body, mind and soul making it truly holistic.
The word Ayurveda can be broken down Ayur means life and Veda means knowledge or learning. Hence Ayurveda is a knowledge by which life in its totality is understood.
According to Ayurveda each individual is a unique combination of physical, mental and emotional characteristics known as (Prakruti).
Many factors both internal as well as external can effect this constitution (Prakruti), emotions, diet, lifestyle, seasons, work environment, family and relationships.
When we begin to understand our natural tendencies of our constitution it can be easy to reflect and practically manage them, so that we can achieve a natural state of balance and work to minimize the cause that can bring about disease.
Some of the methods to do this include correct diet for your constitution (Prakruti), simple changes in lifestyle habits, specific exercise regimes, meditation, cleansing, daily and seasonal routines, herbs and Ayurvedic preparations.
To understand your Constitution it is best to have a brief understanding of the 3 body intelligence Vata, Pitta and Kapha that regulate many functions in the body and mind from the basic cellular process to the most complex of biological functions.
Each individual is a make-up of one or more combinations of these vital energies called your body type.
Vata: Responsible for all motion as well as drying functions in nature, it is the energy of movement and controls the movement of blood through the circulatory system, breathing, the delivery of nutrients to the cells and the removal and excretions of waste products
Pitta: Responsible for all transformations, regulates temperature, is involved in all metabolic activities, governs digestion and ambition.
Kapha: The energy of lubrication and structure, it provides nourishment, strength and stability both in body and mind and promotes the healing process.
Unique Features of Ayurvedic Products
- Ayurvedic treatment targets the root cause of all illness rather than treating the symptoms of disease and utilises natural earth derived products in this light.
- Ayurvedic products will only be a combination of pure herbs & minerals and never contain synthetic vitamins and other substances.
- Ayurvedic products, while helping to dislodge toxins from deep tissue, will also assist in the rejuvenation of that tissue.
- Ayurvedic products will help to revive the intelligence of particular organs or tissues that has been affected by the build-up of toxins. Once the effect has been achieved one need not become dependent on such products.
- Ayurveda gives each individual an opportunity to take control of their own health by enhancing their awareness through incorporating Ayurvedic principles into their lives. This is not a statement in keeping with the heading about products.
- Ayurvedic products are utilised within a totally holistic framework – not as quick fixes – and so work in conjunction with a total whole life program to bring about renewal and healing on a total mind, body, spirit level.