The initial consultation will be delivered by practitioner Scott Allan , with 14 yrs clinical experience. Scott specialises in Ayurveda and is known for delivering a high quality and effective Ayurvedic health assessments and treatment programs.
During your initial consultation Scott will be listening to your concerns and gaining insight into your current health history and wellbeing. During the consultation Scott will access your body type based on your unique constitution Vata, Pitta and Kapha and state of mind (based on the Ayurvedic principles of Sattva, Rajas and Tamas), identify the causative factors responsible for any imbalances and assess which of the body’s tissues/organs and channels have been affected. This diagnosis will be carried out in the form of Ayurvedic iridology, pulse and tongue diagnosis and which will give a clear idea of the person’s state of health.
From this Scott will design an easy to follow health program leading you in a progressive manner towards your goals this will be structured in a 6 stage program where clients learn to develop their awareness more (rather than a one size fits all approach) about their health which leads to longer lasting and better results. This may require 4-5 visits depending on the case and requirements.
Treatment involves diet and lifestyle modifications, the use of herbs, body treatments and diet recommendations specifically designed to balance the bodies intelligence, improve clarity of mind, digestion and vitality/immunity.
A follow up session is recommended after your initial consultation to help make any necessary adjustments and to make sure your needs are being met. This will provide you with on going support and further education with your health through Ayurvedic knowledge.
An Ayurvedic consultation can assist with:
- Achieving health for the mind and body
- Those wanting to learn more about their own health and wellbeing and ready to implement changes needed to
- improve their overall health and wellbeing.
- High cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Weight loss
- Lack of energy, tiredness and fatigue
- Eczema, psoriasis and other skin complaints
- IBS, and other digestive disorders
- Menstrual cycle and hormonal disorders – for problems such as PMS, dysmenorrhea, irregular periods, PCOS,infertility issues, fibroids and menopause.
- Depression, stress, anxiety and other mental disorders
- Common colds and flus
- Arthritis and those suffering from chronic pain
- Any chronic disease conditions or conditions of chronic inflammation
- Children with problems such as cough, asthma, skin rashes to ADHD
- Those who suffer from ailments such as Cancer, liver problems, diabetes, bronchitis, migraine, obesity, MS and heat problems.
- Those who want to treat their health in a natural way.
- Those looking for an integrative medicine approach.
We use Surya Ayurvedic products (Ayurda). Surya Ayurveda was established by Dr. S. Ajit with a mission to provide high quality Ayurvedic products to the Australasian market. Dr. Ajit has 35 years of clinical experience and is the most experienced Ayurvedic Doctor practicing in Australasia. He is also the only Ayurvedic Doctor outside India who has worked for the Government of India as an Ayurvedic Medical Officer for over 19 years.
From this experience he has developed a deep understanding of Ayurvedic traditional formulations as well as in depth knowledge of most of the Ayurvedic companies operating in India.
Dr Ajit ensures that these preparations are export quality Ayurvedic products also pays for separate scientific testing on all herbs and medicines to ensure they are free from heavy metal contamination. This is all a part of Surya Ayurveda’s commitment to the safety of these herbal preparations and ultimately a therapeutic effectiveness second to none.
You can be assured that all products purchased from Surya Ayurveda meet the following requirements:
- They are specially for the export market for Ayurvedic medicines;
- That have been separately tested for heavy metal levels;
- Arishtas, Chyawanprash, Kesri Kalp, Herbal Syrups (eg Livlife, Koffnil) and Rosa Plus Jam are all made on special product runs for Surya Ayurveda, where only jaggery (and no white sugar) is used;
- Herbs that meet the high level ‘mesh’ standard for churnas which provides the best absorption;
- New herbal formulas developed after decades of work by Dr Ajit exclusively for Surya Ayurveda’s Ayurda label (eg. M-Power, Shakti-Ton, Shanti-Ton, Re-Nil etc)
Unique Features of Ayurvedic Products
- Ayurvedic treatment targets the root cause of all illness rather than treating the symptoms of disease and utilises natural earth derived products in this light.
- Ayurvedic products will only be a combination of pure herbs & minerals and never contain synthetic vitamins and other substances.
- Ayurvedic products, while helping to dislodge toxins from deep tissue, will also assist in the rejuvenation of that tissue. (western herbs do the same but leave this s is)
- Ayurvedic products will help to revive the intelligence of particular organs or tissues that has been affected by the build-up of toxins. Once the effect has been achieved one need not become dependent on such products.
- Ayurveda gives each individual an opportunity to take control of their own health by enhancing their awareness through incorporating Ayurvedic principles into their lives. This is not a statement in keeping with the heading about products.
- Ayurvedic products are utilised within a totally holistic framework – not as quick fix bullets – and so work in conjunction with a total whole life program to bring about renewal and healing on a total mind, body, spirit level.
We Have been using Suyra Ayurveda (Ayurda) for over 10 years, I have adhered to using this product due to the excellent health results we have seen from our patients over the years. Surya Ayurveda continue to lead the way in importing safe effective Ayurvedic products. As a practitioner it is important my patients receive the best quality advice and herbal products.
“Scott is a true professional in his field. He makes you feel at home with his genuine warmth as he shares his knowledge, passion and integrity for the science of Ayurveda. His consultations are an education about yourself and how to empower your health and lead a healthy lifestyle. What he can tell you about yourself through his knowledge of Ayurveda is so accurate and empowering. I would not hesitate to recommend having a consultation with Scott and even an incredible grounding massage. The Shirodhara massage was incredible!. I also attended one of Scott‘s educational cooking classes which totally empowered me to make many positive delicious changes to my meals. Thanks Scott! – Andrew Holt – Teacher Presenter and Author
I have been a client of Scott Allan’s for nearly a year. In that time he has helped improve my health and wellbeing. I am in my mid-twenties and wanted to avoid being prescribed life long medication and sought consultation from Scott. Through a personalized program he helped me improve my lifestyle, support my body and immune system. During the program Scott was available to answer questions and provide guidance numerous occasions along the way with the results of returning my thyroid function and energy levels to normal. During the course of my program hormone issues arose and are in the process of being balanced through herbs and lifestyle. After a short time I’m am constantly seeing progress and improvements in my health. I have also been aware throughout that time of Scotts commitment to deepening and extending his knowledge and understanding of the nature of health, disease and healthy lifestyle through ongoing study and professional development. I value both Scott’s experience as a practitioner of ayurvedic medicine and commitment to his patients and improving their health and lifestyles. Scott not only is open and welcoming to his patients but also leads by example with the health of his family and himself. I am very grateful for Scotts knowledge and guidance and would highly recommend him to anyone looking to improve their health or any health issues or concern” – Lauren, Medical Radiation Therapist. QLD
Id like to thank both Scott and Kim for assisting me in overcoming an exhausting and emotional experience. With their guidance I have managed to return myself to a state of good health and happiness. After suffering six months of extreme swelling and rashes which severely affected my daily routine and sleeping patterns, and after trying various remedies to no avail, I turned to Ayurveda and Yoga. Scotts alternative medicine,dietary advice, massage techniques and nurturing personality all contributed to me beginning to heal. Once Scott helped me to realise that much of my illness was in fact stress related, his partner Kim further assisted my healing through teaching me specific yoga and breathing techniques. Both Scott and Kims calming nature and positive lifestyle advice have greatly improved my health and wellbeing and because of this Iam eternally grateful” – Lisa, NSW
“What a perfect note to end with an Ayurvedic consultation. I ate the rice porridge recommended for breakfast and you were right already. I shared what I learned with my husband and we will make some changes immediately to our diet. Please also thank Kim for her gracious and helpful yoga instructions. Thanks for everything!” – Helen