Foundations of Yoga – 6 Week Beginners Yoga course
This 6 week course is an ideal starting point for those wanting to join in a general class at the centre, are new to the practice of yoga or those who have had an extended break from yoga and wanting to refresh on the fundamental principles of yoga as a complete practice.
This 6 week introductory course is based on the teachings of Yoga in the tradition of Krishnamacharaya. This course covers the fundamental principles of the traditional yoga practice in detail so you have a sound understanding of how to breath efficiently and effectively within the yoga practice, learn classical postures to support spinal health, strength and flexibility and how to incorporate sound/mantra in the practice to improve breath, calm and steady the mind.
This program also gives you an introduction to sound/mantra to calm and steady the mind.
Classes are taught in a progressive manner every Monday evening once a week over 6 consecutive weeks.
Even if you have practiced other styles of Yoga we recommend you attend this course to give you insight into the Svastha Yoga practice. This is yoga taught in its essence and not a one sized fits all approach. This is a practice to integrate the breath, body and the mind.
The course will include;
- Foundational postures for structural health and Wellbeing.
- Learning the art of conscious breath within the Asana (postures) and the effect breath has on the body and mind.
- Introduction to Pranayama and meditation practices.
- Short discussions and question time to give clarity on what you have been learning.
Benefits of the practice –
- Improved structural alignment and posture, back strength and body awareness
- learning breathing techniques to improve stamina, endurance and calm the nervous system reducing stress
- Intelligent sequencing for postures, breathing and meditation
- Learn the art of traditional yoga for health and wellbeing of mind and body.
To book your place simply call 0412256521 or via link on the page.
Classes are conducted in a small group environment so as to allow for proper support and supervision. You will be encouraged to practice in a way that supports you as an individual through breath, movements, sound/mantra and meditation.
Bookings are essential