An Ayurvedic pregnancy massage is a nurturing, relaxing and rejuvenating massage, which includes a head massage and a herbal foot soak designed to bring balance pre and post pregnancy. It helps reduce stress and promote a positive delivery.
Ayurvedic massage and its unique features
- Delays the aging process
- Promotes elasticity, strength and flexibility of the muscles
- Balances Vata
- Increases stamina
- Provides resistance against disease
- Removes toxins from the body
- Strengthens the immune system
- Opens the flow of Prana or life force by balancing the three Doshas
- Special medicated oils are used to assists in the healing process
- Completely de-stresses the body
This treatment involves the use of oil, we recommend wearing clothes you don’t mind getting oil on, until you can shower.
How often should you have a massage?
It is advisable to have an Ayurvedic massage once a month during your pregnancy for optimum support throughout the changes in each trimester. Proper support and comfort will be given as the body changes with the growth of the baby.
This Massage is for anyone who suffers from:
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Aches and pains in the body, lower back pain
- Fluid retention
- Skin conditions
- Lymphatic congestion
- Tight muscles
- Stress & Worry
- Hormonal imbalance
- Dry skin
- Poor digestion
- Or just general relaxation
After treatment care
- Follow therapist home advice
- Leave the oil on for at least 1 hour before you shower
- Eat a light meal after your treatment
- Drink plenty of warm water or herbal tea
- Try to avoid stimulants that may not support the desired effect of your treatment