Everyone in modern life has experienced stress. Stress is an epidemic. More and more people are coming to yoga classes hoping to improve their symptoms and to experience greater peace, ease, and psychological resilience.
This one-day training course is for yoga teachers who want to learn appropriate and well-informed practical skills and tools to help plan and teach yoga classes for students experiencing stress and anxiety. It will also be very useful for healthcare practitioners you would like to integrate yogic skills and tools in their work. It will also benefit yoga students wishing to deepen their understanding and practice.
During the Course we will Cover
- Neuroscience and physiology of the stress response and the yoga perspective.
- What chronic stress is and how it affects us mentally and physically.
- How yoga and mindfulness practices can most effectively be used for reducing stress and anxiety.
- Guidelines for developing and teaching classes and one-to-one sessions for stress and anxiety.
- A few simple practices for use in daily life that support your students.
- Practices for cultivating positive attitudes (Acceptance, Self-Compassion, Kindness and Gratitude).
Vina Shah is a certified IYTA teacher, Svastha Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist. She also holds a National Training and Assessment (TAE) qualification. Vina has been teaching yoga and ayurveda for personal wellness since 1999 and running Svastha Teacher training, yoga therapy and other courses since 2001. She facilitates the Svastha Yoga Therapy Program in Sydney presented by Dr Ganesh Mohan and she also teaches those participants who require further assistance in relation to this program. Vina mentors yoga teachers and provides guidance in structuring small group yoga therapy classes, personal sessions and workshops.www.svastha.com.au and www.svastha.net.
Kim Allan is a Senior Registered Teacher with Yoga Australia and Certified Registered Yoga Therapist with Yoga Australia, RYT-500 and Certified Svastha Yoga. For over 15 years she has been teaching yoga and, since 2015, personal and small group yoga therapy classes. Kim also runs workshops and is co-founder of Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda Wellness Centre in Buderim. www.yogaayurvedacentre.com.au