In an Age of speed nothing could be more invigorating than going slow
In an age of distraction nothing could feel more luxurious than paying attention
In an age of constant moving nothing is more urgent than sitting still
This 8-week Program is specifically designed for those wanting to reduce and learn how to manage stress and anxiety. This program is based at the Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda Wellness Centre in Buderim and is held on a weekly basis Tuesday evenings 6-7.15pm.
This course combines specific yoga therapy techniques, mindfulness, self compassion and Ayurveda. This will provide participants the opportunity to learn and practice various methods that have been proven to effectively reduce stress and anxiety. The ancient art and science of Yoga and Ayurveda will help you reduce the negative effects of stress and anxiety and will have you bouncing back from stressful situations better equiped and more resilient.
Informed by modern science and research findings, while remaining rooted in traditional yoga and Ayurveda, the therapeutic nature of this program makes it suitable for any level of experience including absolute beginners.
This program includes a discussion from Scott Allan on the Ayurvedic perspective to Stress and Anxiety and how to use Ayurveda to support yourself through times of stress and reduce the impact it has on the bodily systems to reduce its impact long term.
Over the 8 weeks participants will learn to incorporate:
- Breath based relaxed movements to help dissipate nervous energy and calm the nervous system and release physical tension.
- Learning safe and effective breathing techniques that activate the parasympathetic nervous system, balance the stress response system, and regulate the mind and emotions.
- Simple techniques to learn how to relax and manage stress levels
- mindfulness and simple mediation to calm and steady the mind
- Each sessions will include discussions and allow for questions and answers.
- Along with take home manual, practices and audio recordings for continued self regulation and at home support.
- Ayurvedic self care regimes to support and strengthen the nervous system
The program includes a pre assessment prior to commencement to take a brief health history and any restrictions around movement or mobility you may have.
This course can also be taken via zoom
Cost – $
Your teacher Kim Allan is a certified and registered Yoga Therapist and senior registered Yoga Teacher with 15 years teaching experience. Kim is an Ayurvedic Consultant and Therapist.
Kim teaches small group yoga for wellbeing classes , Therapeutic Yoga classes and private sessions at the Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda Wellness Centre on the Sunshine Coast.